Calvary Baptist Church of Jacinto City - Preaching Grace, rinning the race, seeking His face
 
 
Calvary Baptist was organized on Jan.15,1956 as the Calvary Missionary Baptist Church of Greens Bayou.The church was formed as the result of missionary work done by the Galena Park Missionary Baptist Church. The new church called and elected Bro. T.J. McCormick as its first pastor. They also elected to affiliate with the American Baptist Association. The land at 10346 Fairfax, on which the church house stands today, was purchased in August of 1957. The lot across the street was purchased also. Calvary fellowships with the American Baptist Association, the Missionary Baptist Association of Texas, and the South Texas Missionary Baptist Association. We support Texas Baptist Institute, Heritage Baptist Institute, local, state, and foreign missions, and the Sounding Out the Word printing ministry.
 
Pastors who have served at Calvary:
T.J. McCormick 1956-1963
Leo Massey 1964-1969
Charles Swilling 1969-1973
Kim Brunson 1973-1980
Chuck Johnston 1981-1984
Toby Soileau 1984-1988
Mark Schultz 1988-1995
Allen Lee who is presently serving since 1995
 
Website Builder provided by  Vistaprint